Friday, December 26, 2008

An Awesome Christmas


Christmas this year was beautiful. We were blessed materially, but more importantly, we were blessed to be able to all be together for the holiday, happy and healthy. I was more emotional this year than usual, maybe partially because I know Holden will be gone next Christmas, but also because I have felt an incredible sense of gratitude for what we have. I really hope that I am the type of person who lives in such a way as to turn my blessings into blessing for others - that because I am blessed in a myriad of ways, I can help others find great blessings too. Sometimes I feel guilty about being blessed so abundantly.

I'm excited for the rest of Christmas break to get started too - we are leaving for a vacation to Utah, Idaho and Montana tomorrow - we are attending a wedding in Utah, but I am most looking forward to snowmobiling in West Yellowstone.

I got pretty much every thing my heart could have desired this year, but the best thing was my new furniture in my back room. What do you think? I think it makes the room look a lot more polished. At the same time, they are incredibly comfortable though (and they were an AWESOME deal so if I grow to dislike them in a few years I won't feel too bad about replacing them).

I hope all of you have a great week!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

That is AWESOME furniture! It changes the whole look of your room.
Glad you had a great Christmas.

Suzanne Barker said...

I love the color! It really changes the look. Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails