Monday, September 21, 2009

Mormon Art(ists)

There are a lot of great artists in the world.

Some great artists happen to be mormon.

There is a lot of "art" at the LDS bookstores of the world.

Most of the mormon artists I like, are not people you can buy a painting by at the LDS bookstore.

Here are some mormon artists I really love:

Cassandra Barney



Kirk Hays



Ron Richmond



Justin Taylor



Tyson Snow



Emilie McPhie



James Christensen


Brian Kershisnik



Very often these artist have themes which I find inspiring and I relate to culturally. More so than ANOTHER rendering of Jesus as a blue-eyed smiling guy. (that latest smiling Jesus by Parsons is just too much for me...)

Anyway, I just thought I would share.

3 comments:

Noelle said...

I didn't know Justin Taylor was mormon! I love that painting of his you guys have.

Suzanne Barker said...

Lezlee, I really like seeing these paintings. I wouldn't know who was mormon and who wasn't!

Suzanne Barker said...

You have been nominated for the kreative Blogger award! See my latest post for details! http://uptospeed-suzanne.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails