Friday, December 04, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

I


t's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.




Along about October I start to kind of dread Christmas - I resent having all the Christmas stuff up in the stores about 2 seconds after all the Halloween Candy is on sale. But once Thanksgiving rolls around, I'm perfectly happy to get into the swing of things.

It will be strange having Holden missing from our Christmas this year - I've never been away from one of my kids at Christmas! It makes me a little teary to think about it too much. I mean who wouldn't miss this kid?


I know I've said it before but he is just fun and funny and there's so much to miss.

I think we'll try to do something really fun but maybe a little unusual for Christmas this year. That's all I'm going to say about that because I think it's going to have something of a surprise element.


I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. I'm one of those weird people that sort of enjoys the last minute rush. I really think about what I want to get people, narrow it down, weigh the options and then like the last 10 days before Christmas I just try to get it all done. I know some people can't function like that, but I enjoy it.


It's Kirk and my anniversary in December too - this year makes 21 years. Crazy huh? We have decided to maybe take a quick trip to Vegas for like 2 days one weekend. Which is also kind of crazy this time of year, but I think it might be a blast. The deals right now are so awesome! A lot of the hotels are doing a buy 2 nights get the 3rd free right now AND the average price per night for most of them is $50. Are you kidding me?

We're so there.

Last year I did a post on what I wanted for Christmas, and I pretty much got everything I asked for! I don't even know if there's anything I want this year. I think some travel would just be lovely and I am perfectly happy with that as my gift. I think we're doing a trip to Italy this year, and a trip to Colorado, and probably Mexico. I love to travel. It's my favorite thing.

But...if I were to get anything else, these are nice:


I need a new office chair, and I LURVE this Arne Jacobsen chair. The only problem is an original costs upwards of $2,000, and the reproductions are still around $500.

slightly cheaper would be one of these - which I still like a lot. Just not, you know, true love, like the Jacobsen. But sometimes you have to settle. Besides, the Jacobsen isn't really an office chair....and these are around $250.

still...maybe I'll just wait and get the Jacobsen...I just love love love it.


I also really love this jewelry box. Suzanne and I were in Pottery Barn today and I thought these were just super cool. That's a faux leather exterior. And the price isn't bad - $199
Don't you just love these Paloma Picasso Sugar Stack rings?

They look like yummy candy for your fingers. The only problem is that they are pricey for little colorful rings I think. But I do so much love them. ($500-$1500...and of course I always like the $1500 ones the best...)

A cheaper idea is this ring from Etsy that I really do like...($69)
Or, every year I tell my family that if all else fails just get me bubble bath. I don't think people take me seriously when I say that. But for reals. Just a whole ton of Philosophy would make my day.
I also told Kirk a year's worth of car washes would be cool too. I love getting my car done at Danny's but I never want to spend the money on it. So if it was pre-paid, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails