Friday, February 26, 2010

Photo a Day Snags - And Beautiful Inspiring Things

W


ell, my photo a day project has hit a bit of a snag. I have some ideas for things I would like to take photos of but BOTH of our good cameras are on the fritz right now and have to be taken into the Nikon shop for repair estimates. Which is kind of a bummer because I keep thinking of these things - or seeing these things I would like to take photos of. Hopefully soon, I'll be back on track.

In the meantime I thought I would talk about a couple of inspiring things that are slightly unrelated - but sort of not. It's a kind of a rambling thought process, but stick with me! Some of my favorite (and most popular) photos on flickr are of modeling photos that we took as reference for some of my husband's paintings. These are some of my favorites






Although I like to take photos of a lot of different things - people are generally my favorites. I admire a lot of fashion photography. I don't buy a lot of high end clothes (frankly I really don't buy any high end clothes unless finding the occasional Michael Kors at Last Chance counts, Ralph Lauren is about as high end as I ever get - and those are usually purchased at Marshalls anyway...but I digress) - but I do appreciate fashion as an art form. And I really appreciate an interesting fashion photo shoot.

I sometimes buy Vogue just to admire the cool photography. One of the fashion directors there is Grace Coddington and she just does the coolest fashion spreads:


I mean really, what a cool job is that? To conceive of these fantastical images using cool fashion designs as your inspiration and then having the budget to sort of pull it all together? That's a pretty awesome gig.

And while we're on the subject of fashion. I really love Michelle Obama's fashion sense. I love that she wears a lot of J Crew. Being able to purchase J crew has kind of been one of my weight loss goals. I really love a lot of their looks. Like these are super cool, but there still relatively affordable clothes, and I think it's very cool that Michelle Obama has kind of paved the way for women to see that you can look great without spending an arm and a leg:
Which brings me to another thought. Did you happen to catch Michelle Obama's outfit when they had their State Dinner a few months ago. Since they were hosting the President of India and his wife, she chose a dress by an Indian designer. It was stunning! Here are some photos of that event:

So the designer is Naeem Khan and he makes some stunningly delicious Indian inspired designs:




That's all - those are my rambling fashion thoughts/photography this evening. Just thought I would share. Sometimes I just like looking at pretty things.

2 comments:

Suzanne Barker said...

Love all the fashion photos. They are just fun. And even more when I am watching Project Runway.

Suzanne Barker said...

Hey Lezlee, I just got caught up on Holden's blog. I enjoyed it, but it wouldn't let me leave a comment for some reason...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails