Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Ode to Chanel No. 5 - part 1


I've shared on my blog before my fixation with a certain Chanel No. 5 commercial from the late 70s/early 80s. This is back when we thought Sun and Tans were Good thing - not only a good thing, but a very desirable thing - when hours spent lying in the sun were not only NOT a waste of time, but an accomplishment. You were getting a TAN you were making yourself HEALTHY and GORGEOUS all at the same time. Then skin cancer came along and ruined all our fun.

I used to lay outside smeared in baby oil. If I ran out of baby oil I would use vegetable oil. But the best was good old Hawaiian Tropic smelling like coconuts baking in the sun. All I have to do is sniff some of that stuff and I'm in an instant good mood.

So in honor of upcoming summer, I thought we would look at some decor inspiration which is an ode Share the Fantasy of Chanel No. 5 which said:

I am made of blue skies and golden sunlight.....and I will feel this way forever....share the fantasy of Chanel no. 5. (new agey music in the background)

So, Part one, we'll focus on the white clouds of the sky, Part two, Yellow Sun, Part 3, Blue Skies and the pool.

1. White rooms that all have a restful tranquil summer feeling:
















Don't you feel rested? They are very zen...

Tomorrow we'll wake you up with a little yellow...

1 comment:

JustJoeP said...

I do feel both rested, and refreshed. thank you Bandanamom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails