Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sloooooow Progress

E

ver feel like you're getting no where fast? That's how I feel right now. Stretched a little thin - accomplishing a little of a lot of stuff, and not a lot of everything.

Last week I was at girl's camp all week in charge of the 14 year old girls. I really loved it, but I did wonder why I didn't just stay home and get a ton of stuff done while my two kids were at camp the same week!


However, it did look like this:

and even though I was busy pretty much the whole time, did not have time to study like I thought I would, nor even really read - I did enjoy nature and enjoyed getting to know the girl's that I had in my cabin. I was very impressed with each one of them as 14 year old girl's.

So...

Back to reality.

Right now we have swim team every morning and also junior life guarding and I'm endeavoring to finish some classes as well as take the kids hiking in the mornings. So we are very busy.

But I am STILL determined to work on my room project. You know how sometimes things get a lot messier and worse before they get better? Well, that's kind of how my soon to be new bedroom is right now....WAY worse before it's getting better.

So right now I am cleaning out millions of files trying to get everything organized and out of there, getting rid of stuff I don't need. Organizing taxes, etc. But I am still working on the general decor idea.

So...even though it has taken me forever! (It seems) this is my progress:





































Okay so you can see where I've agonized over these color choices. I've basically decided on the one called "leprechaun" which...just the name makes me nervous! But I've analyzed it to death and it really is my favorite. And if by chance I hate it, I'll just paint over it I guess!

the painting is the one I did myself...I'm still working on some of the other art work ideas I had for in there. And the weird needlework ideas (which I'm actually really liking)



















Okay when I was at Cucumberz I found this chair for $15. It's really sturdy, and already has a cool print on it. But if I do decide to recover it, it will literally take like no time at all and be super easy! I could also paint if I wanted but I haven't decided yet. The fabric on it is an old blanket I bought a million years ago at an antique store. It is a crazy quilt but has virtually no stuffing at all. I have wondered what to do with it for years, though I always really liked the bold colors of it. So...I am thinking about POSSIBLY making it my headboard for my bed.

I know! It might be insane. But I think it might be really cool.















Okay and currently in this room I am dealing with this mess. I wish I were one of those naturally organized people, but my brain just doesn't work that way! I'm trying!!! Have you ever taken one of those personality quiz's that distills your personality down into like 4 colors? It's really based on the Myers -Briggs, but it just makes it simpler to understand. So basically (and this is REALLY basic) - if you're a blue, then that means that feelings and emotions and people and things like that are the most important to you. And if you are Orange then you're kind of all about adventure and fun and rules are not super important to you at all...and sometimes if you're an orange you like to buck the system a little TOO much if you aren't careful, they are usually the "life of the party" type of person. Greens are very intellectual...they like to know how things work and to analyze things and they aren't usually much of a people person per se, they like to analyze everything a lot and they live in their heads a great deal. And Gold's are all about organization. Nothing makes them happier than a system and organizing anything pretty much. Or list making, etc. And nobody is totally ONE color, in fact, almost everyone has a little of each of those, just to different extents or levels. But one is usually the prominent color and then the others come after. So I am a Blue first, an Orange second, a Green third and a Gold Last. This doesn't bode well for keeping things organized. :)

My daughter is a Gold first, both my boys are probably tied between being a Blue and a Green first. So I am getting her to help me organize stuff. Because she is ALL ABOUT a system.

I'll keep you posted on my progress!

I am getting much better at list making and crossing things off. So I am making some strides.

5 comments:

I Am Boymom said...

Hey Lezlee - I love that color of green, I have paint swatch that's pretty similar (just a little more yellow in mine) up in my dining room for one wall that I am still trying to make a decision about!

Laughing about the organization thing, I am a Blue?orange person, so structure and organization are things I have to really focus on to achieve. But I think your room will look so nice when you finally get it finished. Diggin' the chair!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the final, finished bedroom. It's going to look awesome. I have never been to Cucumberz but have always wanted to. Sometimes cool thrift stores are not the place to take toddlers. Anyway, that chair is awesome and makes me want to go check it out.

Suzanne Barker said...

You ARE making progress!! Go Girl!

Bandanamom said...

Thanks ladies. Some days it does NOT feel like progress. But I am trying!

I'll keep posting as it tries to come together (or as I try to come together...or however that works)...

Heidi - you must check out Cucumerz but, please do not go with your stroller - it will NEVER work. The place is a virtual disaster in there. Nooks and crannys filled with dusty interesting things everywhere. But some really good deals on some really cool stuff if you take your time. You have to see the 'potential'. I just bought another 'find' there the other day that I think I can use on the wall of the new room. It sounds bizzare, but it's one of those 'collectible' plates - it's a madonna and child by rembrandt or renoir or...I can't remember right now, but the colors are gorgeous and I think I can work it in. At $4 I couldn't resist. It's just kitchy enough to be cool.

Gayle Kunz said...

However it turns out, it will look fantastic. I wish I had a tiny portion of your creativity. You've got a talent for mixing and working with colors. Speaking of colors, from your color/personality descriptions, I'm a green and blue mix. Wish I had more gold and orange mixed in. I'm gold when it comes to my kitchen, but not much else. And I'm not super fun so that rules out orange, lol. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails