Friday, July 23, 2010

Finding Beauty Everywhere - 365 Photos

M


ore 365 photos? Yep, and a little explanation about how the project has affected me so far;


You know one thing I've really enjoyed about this project? Normally, I would be driving down the street and I would see something I would think was cool and I would think "that would make a cool photograph". But now when I'm driving down the street and I see something cool I think "I'm going to stop and take a photo of that". And sometimes, I've stopped in some pretty weird places to get a photo I wanted.

I parked in an abandoned lot near a transvestite strip club the other day because I really, really wanted a particular photo and it was the only place that was easy to park and walk in the 110 degree heat. I don't know. Maybe that's not particularly adventurous to some people - but for me, sometimes it is. Sometimes I find myself braving a situation or a neighborhood that I wouldn't normally just because I like looking for the beauty in every situation, or something that catches my eye, or something that just begs to be photographed. And sometimes I just can't get the photo I really want. And that's very frustrating. I don't really know that my photographic skills have improved all that much - but I do know that my eye is constantly on the look-out for things. And that makes the world seem like a more beautiful place every day. So even for that reason alone - the project is worth it.

(okay and admittedly, that lifeguard was hard to resist...I apologize in advance for the blatant sexism of the photo...but if one is always on the look-out for beauty, how could I resist that shot?)

So my latest:












2 comments:

Suzanne Barker said...

Lezlee girl, you have got the eye!

Bandanamom said...

Thanks Suzanne! What a nice compliment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails