Thursday, September 16, 2010

Black Mood

S


o I suppose sometimes you're in a black mood? Most of us don't carry that over into our decor but let's explore the possibilities...




Some people thought I had lost my mind when I decided to paint the siding on the back and sides of my house charcoal. I might be crazy but I'm not stupid. It looks awesome. This exterior of a house (this is the porch) proves my point.


You know what I love lately? Black and orange or black and yellow. Doesn't it make you feel like you live in an Hermes bag or something. I don't know, Orange always reminds me of Hermes, even when it isn't Hermes.



See like here with the yellow...love black and yellow.


Don't you wish you could spend all day here reading? Who would have thought black would look so...comfy...



Again with the yellow, I love all the textures going on here.



This is a surprisingly cheerful room isn't it?



I love the minimalism of this and the sort of shaker-esque feeling you get when you look at it.

And then we have the opposite of minimalism, which is this, which I'm going to call "maximalism" I don't think that's an actual word, but I declare it is as of now. Very few people can carry this sort of thing off, but if you're one of those people, by all means, go for it.


I feel like if I were really depressed this room is the place I want to retreat. In a way it's like the perfect place to hole up with a book and pretend the world doesn't exist.



Love this, and I think it's great the only color is that yellow tile and the greenish yellow chair.



Why does hot pink and black always work? I don't know but it always does. And I always feel like if Audrey Hepburn were to embody a room - or switch that, reverse it, a room were to embody Audrey Hepburn, it would be hot pink and black (with a smidge of white). Don't you feel chic in this room?




This is lovely. Not super realistic (can you imagine the water spots?) - but still fantastic.



Delish. I love that I can see that bold orange peeping around the corner. That large artwork pulls it all together doesn't it? Again, nothing dreary about that black room. Very restful.

I'm in a better mood already. Even if it is a black mood.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails