Thursday, April 07, 2011

Dreaming of Perfect Pools...

So I came home from vacation to this:





Yeah...not really how my pool is suppose to look. It amazes me how quickly a pool can get out of balance. And once it does, it deteriorates rapidly. I'm working on getting it back to normal, but I'm not quite there yet. Especially disappointing after seeing this pool on my vacation:








Of course, I'm not going to feel too bad about it - after all Hearst Castle has people who take care of that pool all day everyday! But isn't it gorgeous? I love the look of that crystal clear blue pool. I think I've mentioned I'm not a huge fan of most pebble tec pools and that is the main reason why - I usually never think they look quite as inviting or refreshing as a good plaster pool.

It's almost warm enough to get in the pool again (though not quite). And soon it will be swim team again too for my youngest. I do love a good looking pool, which is why I'm going to do my best to get mine back in shape. In the meantime, here are some other beautiful pools to inspire you. I know some people live in areas where a pool would just never be feasible. But I have to say that for anyone who has children and lives in an area where pools make sense, I think it's totally worth the investment. We've gotten many many hours of enjoyment out of ours. It's fun to have people over and invite them to a pool party. And it's also very fun for a mom to spend a few hours alone in the pool when the kids are off somewhere else, just floating and relaxing. One of my dreams when I was kid growing up was to some day have a pool. That wasn't an especially realistic dream for a girl from Idaho. But I'm so glad it came true! (even if it does look like a swamp right now)















2 comments:

Cart Ridges said...

What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

Suzanne Barker said...

Nothing like a beautiful pool. I've always wanted a fabulous lap pool. You had some great photos of some.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails