Friday, July 22, 2011

The Art of Water - Eric Zener

I think if I could afford a new painting by any artist I wanted (well...any living artist), I think I would really want a painting by Eric Zener.  I've admired his work for a long time.  It's a subject matter I find endlessly fascinating.  His hyper realistic style is stunning.

There's something about people and water and the depths of water, the way water makes a body fluid, the behavior of water upon impact, the colors of water, the way people feel in water and near water and the fact that as human beings we are so naturally drawn to water - all of these things make it one of my favorite subjects for a painting.











Isn't he amazing?

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I didn't even think they were paintings at first. Beautiful!

Suzanne Barker said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails