Thursday, September 15, 2011

Eye Spy - Trends for Fall 2011

Remember last spring when I mused about wondering what the next trend in color would be?  Well, I think I've spotted a pretty clear trend that's begun and will probably take us well into 2012.
 
Often with color trends we see it first on the runway.  And fairly frequently it will be a color that was already a trend (think yellow and blue as mentioned in my 2011 trend post) but with a little twist.  I'm seeing a lot of mustard.  Especially lots of cute mustard dresses and clothes and accessories.  And now often paired with a turquoise or a teal or especially with a tiffany type of blue.  Here are a couple from pinterest I liked a lot - the shoes are from Etsy:




cute right?

And here are some of the ways I've seen it incorporated into decor lately:



I think we're going to see a lot more of that, and in conjunction with blue.

Design seeds has some mood boards along those lines that would be great to use if you are looking for paint color inpiration!




I really like the color trend.  I feel like it would look awesome with gray if you were thinking of going with gray walls but didn't want it to look too boring. 

I'm just speculating, but I think we're going to see more color blocking with bold colors too and especially maybe pinks and reds and oranges.  But more on that in another post!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails