Saturday, March 31, 2012

Adult ADD...and how pinterest isn't helping

I keep talking about this but I really think maybe I have this Adult ADD thing - I'm not even sure I'm joking anymore.

Or maybe we ALL have this thing now because flippetyflapjack, our lives are so BUSY.

Right?

I told someone the other day that I'm ashamed of my former younger self who could not quite figure out what older women with older kids actually DID with their time. I mean once you have no diapers to change and your kids are practically fully functioning adults, it seemed to me that your time would be your own and well...what the heck are those ladies doing?  Especially the ones who don't work?

Geez.  Honestly, I had no clue.

Now that I'm a single mom that kind of adds to the stack of stuff I do.  When you're married there is one other person around the house to pick up slack.  You can say "Hey would you mind _________?"  I mean it might be as simple as picking something up from the store the that you forgot, or making a phone call, or moving a hose or cleaning out the pool filter.  They are all little things.  But they add up.

What was my point?

My point was that my head swims like this on a daily basis:

1.  I've got to understand linear regression by monday.  And why do they talk in so many double negatives in statistics?  Rejecting the null - failing to reject the null?  What does that even really say "failing to reject" which means you kept it.  But the null itself indicates a false thing or meaning your assumption is false...so that means you are keeping your assumption that your other assumption is false.  ARG....english double negatives...

2.  Did Brennan say he had an english paper?  I think he did and it's sitting here on the counter...why didn't he take that with him?  I need to text him in case he doesn't realize he left it...where is my phone...

3.  oh yeah, I think I forgot to make my phone payment...where is that bill...

4.  shoot, water bill needs to be paid...

5.  water...I have got to figure out how to get those sprinklers fixed...I need to email that guy...what did I do with that email address is that on my gmail?

6.  gmail...oh yeah, I was going to email everyone who said they would help with the wedding....

7.  wedding...I need to see where I found those photos of that idea for desserts on pinterest...

8.  pinterest...




















(____________30 minutes later________________)

9.  Shoot...where was I?  Oh yeah...linear regression.

This just goes on all the time.  I have to force myself to stay in my bedroom and leave my phone and the computer in the other room or I get distracted too easily (for those of you who get frustrated trying to get in touch with me...sorry, this is why).

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I gave up dusting in my house, because there were too many things to distract me as I touched them - a photo album, a paperback book, receipts to go through, a video that I've been meaning to watch, so . . . I just don't dust anymore! problem solved!

Suzanne Barker said...

yeah, that's my life. And I don't have kids. I have to go from whatever is top priority to the next and never get everything done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails