Monday, March 26, 2012

Architectural Identity

I notice that over and over again there are two architectural styles I'm drawn too in almost equal measure.

One is a homey little cottage or bungalow like this:


And the other is this sort of modern linear feel like seems fabulous to me:



They sort of seem like two sides of my personality, sometimes I feel like this persona:


And some days I'm this persona


Some days I want to swim in these kinds of pools:



And some days this seems more appealing:



And to be honest, I'm never sure which one is more my actual personality.  

This:



Or this:




But this is the house I live in:



And I really love it.  If I won the lottery, I'm not even so sure I would move.  But if I did, I probably opt for something like this:



How about you?  

1 comment:

Suzanne Barker said...

I like this idea. I think I'm a mix of those two styles too. Not quite as stark as the ultramodern, but not as cottagy as the cottage. Yeah and where I live bears no resemblance to anything!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails