Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Peacock Room Remodel

I have had this idea rolling around in my head for a while.  But then my ceiling in my family room started to leak.  Which required it being ripped into.  Which meant we would have to paint it.  (you know that book...if you give a mouse a cookie?...it feels like that).  So we had to repair and then it would have to be painted, and as long as I'm painting we might as well do something new right?  (and by "we" I mean more like my handyman...because let's face it, I didn't really paint this time around).  And if I'm going to do new paint that is going to require a whole new look somehow, which meant moving art work around my house, repurposing some things, and new pillows or re-covering old pillows.  And in the end, I'm pretty happy with it!


Before:

(and what you don't see in this photo is how dingy the paint had gotten - it really did need to get re-done, especially the cream which I think I avoided doing when I did the green, I think the cream paint was going on 10 years old)






And AFTER:














Yes, it's a bold paint project, and not to everyone's taste.  I get that.  But I really like it.  It's definitely fun and I like the red and blues together.

But remember that whole "if you give a mouse a cookie" thing?  Now I need new tile around the fireplace and on the floor leading out the doors and also - the room adjacent to this one absolutely has to be redone as well now too!

It's never ending.


1 comment:

Cynthia said...

LOVE IT !! I just want to come sit in your room for a while. Can't wait to see it in person.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails